sunvirgin.com->Contacts->Member Forum->View Thread
Please join the fan club today!
Member Forum
View Thread
Back to the Forum  Begin New Message

Original Message
Rare Danish promo of Legend of the Sun Virgin?
I have a 3 EP Scandinavian promo for Legend of the Sun Virgin. They comprise all the tracks on the full length album. To be more precise, I think it's Danish. I scanned this site's discography but could not find this item on it. Did I miss something? I would like to know if somebody could tell me its value. It's in mint condition.
posted by Lawrence Sussex on Monday, August 2nd, 2004 at 3:22:40 PM
Respond to this Message

Responses
Rare Danish promo of Legend of the Sun Virgin?
It seems that odd pressings such as yours come out of the woodwork these days.  Just this past week, I added two unusual pressings but I was unaware of your particular one so I am sure that there are many others that are missing from the Discography on this site missing as well.  I doubt that any Discography can ever be complete but I can add your disks if you send me the details (catalog numbers, track listing for each, photos or scans of the front and backs, and other details, such as the scan of one side of one of the disk labels).  If there are three EPs, then it is likely a reissue from after 1955, although this title was released originally in 1952.

As for value, since this material is all available on CD, I doubt it has much more value than the U.S. releases of the EP or other early formats.  Much rarer items than this rarely even get bids at auction these days, such as the four-disk EP set of Voice of the Xtabay from Norway (part 1 is not yet listed).
response posted by Don Pierson on Wednesday, August 4th, 2004 at 7:17:55 PM