sunvirgin.com->Contacts->Member Forum->View Thread
Please join the fan club today!
Member Forum
View Thread
Back to the Forum  Begin New Message

Original Message
Lyrics
Hi, I am looking high and low for a written transcription of Yma's lyrics, in Quechaun and/or in English. I am not having luck on the net. If anyone has any ideas, could they contact me directly.

Thanks.
Walter
posted by Archive Entry on Saturday, September 4th, 1999 at 11:40:00 AM

Respond to this Message

Responses
Lyrics
Walter, such a thing does not exist as far as I know. For one thing, much of Yma Sumac's material was composed and recorded 'on-the-fly,' which is why she rarely performs the songs the same way twice in concerts. She is very good at adlib performances. There simply are no written versions. I have home made transcriptions of much of it here in the Yma Sumac Archives, but there are no lyrics and it is only the melody line that was transcribed. Unfortunately, the material is copyrighted so is not mine to copy and distribute. Sorry I can not be of more help!
response posted by Archive Entry on Saturday, September 4th, 1999 at 12:08:00 PM
Lyrics
I am looking for a song, a kind of lullaby, I heard on t.v. some 20 years ago. It was sung by a heavenly, woman's voice. The lyrics were not actual words, but sounded like "La - Li - Lu". I don't know the title, nor who sang it, but it may be Yma Sumac. Does anybody know this song and whether Yma Sumac recorded it?

Jan Hendrik
response posted by Archive Entry on Wednesday, September 29th, 1999 at 5:49:00 AM

Lyrics
Jan, Obviously by your description, it would be impossible to determine what the song is or if Yma Sumac sang it. The description matches thousands of songs, probably! The only lullabys she sings that I know of, are Montana on her Legend of the Sun Virgin album and Alláy on Legend of the Jivaro.
response posted by Archive Entry on Wednesday, September 29th, 1999 at 7:31:00 AM